Thursday, May 5, 2011

He said. She said.

He says, “Jump”, I say, “ How high?”. I say, “I need something” - he says,”What brand?”. Then he said, “I've always wanted to do Salsa, there is a stuio on Bree Street. Let's go check it out.” And I said, “What night?”.

The next night I found myself trapsing down some stairs and into a very dodgey looking bassment. There we found a group of people following someone's instructions. The music was blaring the bar man was smoking hot. 15 minutes later he said, “We'll be back on Thursday to try it out”.

A one off Thursday became every Tuesday and every Thursday. Determined to be the best I could be I then started private lessons he then joined me. We did this for two years. Dance, dance, dance but no clubs yet. Dance, dance, dance some more. We did group classes, private classes, workshops and attended every party we cared to. We dreamed of going on salsa adventures around the world. We may not be doing it together but 2011 is the year of I(heart)salsa. He's going on some Cruise. I am going to the LA Salsa Congress. And I know when he comes back, he'll say,”I saw this new move, let's try it out”. I'll have no choice but to get up and try. 
Chilly & Shireen at Que Pasa All White Party

The other night at Buena Vista Greenpoint I introduced him to a well known South African Choreographer as … This is my best friend (...) he is a Phenomenal Salsa Dancer. 40 minutes later I demanded a dance. He then took me onto the dance floor, in my mind reserved for performers, none the less our friendship dictates a No No policy. So there we were dancing to a great salsa song. We finished the dance I walked to Nat and she said, “ I could watch you dance all night.” Confirmation he is a phenomenal dancer.

Chanda or better know in the Salsa circles as Chilly is a Salsa Instructor and Dj for Que Pasa Latin Lounge. If you want a lesson email him he'll do you justice. If you want a date – he's your guy but maybe I'm the only one who gets to demand that!

He said,” I see you have started to blog. Will you write me an article”.

There you have it.
X reen
Best friend of Chilly & Mfusion Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment